Peer Pitch & Concept Refinement
CATEGORY | DETAILS |
Film OR Magazine | Magazine |
Genre | General Interest |
Target Audience (Be specific) | My target audience the fashion industry and people who enjoy reading and learning about fashion and entertainment. This is targeted for teens and young adults because this specific topic is what is trending now in today’s era and what’s new in society. The main people interested in this magazine is focusing on girls and young women because it’s influencing their styles with a budget that is affordable. This magazine is not just referencing high class people but, is also referencing middle class because it’s made to be affordable. I want to be able to relate this magazine to people around the world and represent formal styles. |
What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) | My concept for this magazine is to show different ideologies of fashion and how there are many different senses of fashion throughout the entire world. I plan on organizing and making myself a vision board where I will write down every creative idea, I get along the way to help me see the overall vision of the magazine. I also will create a schedule for myself on when making the magazine to help me get everything done on time and to develop ideas beforehand and then putting it all together. |
How did you conceive the idea for this concept? | I conceived my idea for this specific magazine topic because I wanted to point out the different types of fashion and how the diversity of fashion can impact the industry in whole and impact different parts of the world. |
What do you believe is unique about your concept? | I believe my concept is different from others because of the message I am trying to prove. I want to spread the word of how fashion not only represents your own personality as an individual, but it can represent the styles in other countries and how fashion differences can also relate to cultural differences and how the way you dress certainly makes an impact on who you are as a person. Many peoples are influenced by others by their style and that is usually how in a certain place a discrete style is maintained. |
Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? | I believe this product will interest my audience because fashion is a worldwide topic, and many people can relate and benefit from it. Since many of our trends today have to do with controversial fashion people tend to take an interest because it’s popular all around the world. It also gives people tips on what type of clothes fit their personalities more and the type of fashion icons that they can relate to. It also will provide sources of fashion entertainment like “Fashion Do’s and Don’ts” for people who take an interest on those type of columns in magazines. |
FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS
|
-Add the component in what to wear if you go somewhere -alter the components of traveling and what you would wear -Point out more culture in the fashion industry |
The feedback that I have received in class for my pitch had many positive impacts on my idea for the magazine concept. Throughout my pitch there was many beneficial conversations that made me analyze what I could do to further expand my thought in the magazine and many aspects that I could inquire to show why my genre is going to be different than many other fashion magazines. Throughout the discussions many points were made about since the uses of many fashion magazines are already in effect how will mine stand out more. When asked this question it helped me understand how not many fashion magazine include culture and fashion all into one aspect and that helped my vision for the magazine to be diverse. One additional comment was the fact of how I should address the different seasons and how I can add additional information about what to expect and bring when traveling since many different parts of the world not only have different climates but, many different style aspects that people may want to address accordingly and less tourist like. These comments made me shift my mindset a little bit more and offered more room to make the magazine more diverse because the traveling, culture, and fashion parts of the articles aren't usually something that you would see in many other fashion magazines.
When making a decision while putting my portfolio project together it seemed more sufficient for me to put all of my ideas into a magazine. When looking into it in a film perspectives the general ideas would not match up with the sole purpose on making articles for people all over to read. The film process seemed more sufficient with a back story involved and with this idea I am taking creativity and ideas to produce information and advertisements as oppose as telling a story which I feel fits more of my comfort zone and is something I consider myself to be advanced at. When putting the portfolio project together my ideas were already stuck in my head and it flowed nicely because I knew what I wanted to do and how I would piece it all together and that's why a magazine intrigued me more.
In the assigned article it supports my concept in many ways. In the article it may not exactly relate to what my topic is exactly, which is fashion, but it gives many consistent work strategies that I want to incorporate into my magazine. The article is talking about independent publishing as seen in the title and the people behind their on publishing and magazines I feel that I can in a way connect and relate to them because I plan to carry out my magazine as an individual. It also shows me different people and what they do or published which gives me an idea that this is something that people can do and that I am able to do this.
Comments
Post a Comment