Magazine Cover Review



     When assessing this article of the different types of covers on magazines there are many different varieties of brands and how they put their Magazines together. When viewing the different magazine covers, I felt like there was many different varieties of magazines and their covers. When seeing these magazines in class I noticed that some magazines have been around for a while. An example of this is “Rolling Stone” magazine. This magazine featured Travis Scott which is a good attention grabber for the younger audience and it’s more likely for that generation to want to read that magazine oppose to “Southern Living” where the focus is more on baking and cooking recipes. In the Rolling Stone magazine, it shows many different varieties and the boldness in the text. The artist in this shows him above all and they’re comparing it to his “uprising” with his new album. To me, that seemed like a magazine that would catch the reader's attention just by looking at the front cover. Another magazine that we viewed in class was “Vogue” magazine. For me, this is a magazine I would read. I noticed that it was a higher-class type of magazine that people with money would read in their free time. Throughout the magazine showed fashion and clothes and high-end ads which brings out the magazine more. This magazine is featuring Rihanna. She is also another artist who makes music which would grab the younger generations attention. From the article, the author states It is absolutely critical these days to reach out and grab the reader” as said by Peter Kaminsky. The author also states, “Long narratives, in the form of books, remain popular with young people". These two phrases show that the younger generation can both like the reading of long narratives or be pulled in by the title covers. “Sports Illustrated” was also a magazine talked about in class. The main purpose for this specific magazine was to show younger women about how they should want to look and holds them to standards that are way too high. I felt like this magazine can be enough to catch a reader's attention but, in this case, mostly men. The title also included thin letters that could be bigger for the reader to see. Lastly, we viewed “Cosmopolitan”. This magazine is to attract women uplifting other women. The titles in this magazine were bold and the magazine was a bright color. Models and celebrities are mostly featured in this magazine and to my belief it seemed like a magazine you would see at a grocery store. After researching these magazines, I feel like doing one is more in my element. I believe this because it’s an easier way to add creativity and bring together more storylines. I also really enjoy art and the titles look like more of a way that could catch a reader's attention. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Post Production 1- Editing