To Team or Not to Team
As the weeks passed by of determining whether I want to work alone or with a partner I have concluded on what my final decision is going to be. I feel like it’s at my best interest to work independently for this.
When regarding the last activities in class the “Social Media Peer Account” I was able to understand the type of personality that I observed while viewing my peer's social media accounts. I feel like although they have many diverse traits that can be helpful when it comes to teamwork, from my perspective in order for me to feel satisfied I should rely more on myself so if anything were to happen then I wouldn’t have to hold myself accountable.
As for the other reasons my peers have many outgoing traits about themselves, but I strongly suggest that I am better working independently. The other activity we discussed in class was the “Lost at Sea” activity. As I was doing this, I realized that my peer and I have similar yet very different approaches and in honesty it made my decision become a lot clearer. To me, I feel like I obtain specific strengths and weaknesses that they don’t have and when carrying out the activity I realized my strengths and weaknesses balanced each other out more than they related to my peers. I also realize that there are a variety of personality types within each person that it might end up causing conflict which I would very rather avoid. The way they present themselves on social media looks like an actual representation of who they are as a person in real life as opposed to a screen. The way they carry out problem solving differs increasingly in the way I would proceed to problem solving which gives me a feeling that it’s most likely to not workout. A big difference that is crucial is the fact that some of us are doing a film and I am doing a magazine and that doesn’t fall together.
In the article, it states that every member involved in constructive teamwork has a voice that needs to be heard. Eli Becker shows how conflict can be resolved by the basics of understanding one another. This includes in any team building or team exercise that is being held. One of the main reasons why I feel like doing this project independently is a positive factor is because I can avoid any type of conflict that tries to present itself because I'll be doing it on my own.
Concluding, I have a very basic understanding of the project and I know enough to be able to do it myself. In many ways I feel like I differ from the rest of my peer's personality traits. Although, the diversity can work well with others to me I feel like it would create more bumps when putting the project all together. Not only does doing this independently going to help me understand myself better for this project but, it’ll also help prepare me for the real world.
Comments
Post a Comment