Creativity & Genre
When jumping into new things the use of creativity goes a long way. Creativity can help boost your mindset in many different ways. It can shift your mindset to explore many different things that you might not understand and can help you approach things differently. In many uses of problem-solving creativity can embark new techniques that you may not understand that you have. An important example is thinking outside the box, this is an expression often used to help people explore new strategies in answering questions. An example of this is often used when you are asked to answer a question but, instead of a simple plain response think about other ways that you are able to approach the question. In the “New Introductions” activity that we did in class it helps us become more creative and think outside the box. I answered the bucket list response, and I was required to come up with 10 different things that I would like to complete in my life. Instead of being broader about it I gave more in depth examples that fit in my personality trait instead of it being something a random person could relate to as well. The TED Talk also helps embrace our creativity because we were required to draw a house and little do, we know it was to explore our different approaches as people. In the Gale article with Ron Beghetto he explores our creativity through education and how students become better learners when they are more creative. Creativity helps you endorse in many different choices because it gives you many different options to choose from.
The person that I noticed was working in the same genre I was working in had many similar aspects as me. I noticed her interests were many of the same things that I was interested in. I feel like her level of creativity is somewhat adequate. I love how she decided to make her pull quotes something different than what most magazines do. I feel like she’s very good at writing for entertainment purposes and that helps her with the magazine the absolute most. When she writes not only does she voice her opinion but, she’ll also know the facts to back up her specific reasoning and I would love to incorporate that into my magazine because I feel like people would be interested in entertainment with a glimpse of the truth. One thing I would do differently is narrow my magazine topics down, the category I am falling into is the “general interest” genre and her magazine is just like all the other magazines. The magazine is all over a range of topics and I feel that’s too much for a reader to take in.
I see my magazine being more of a fashion read. The vision I have is a neutral front cover with bright fonts that pop out. I also want to place the table of contents near the front page so, people can access it quicker. I see the magazine giving out fashion advice about “what’s hot” today and many stores being ads such as Zara, Urban Outfitters. The genre of my magazine excites me because it’s very popular and fashion is what excites me the most and keeps me wanting to read more. I feel like it’s the perfect story to tell because many people have an interest in fashion and it’s something that can be talked about a lot but always can change.
Comments
Post a Comment